How To Raise Chickens-5 Fundamentals
"Raising your own chickens nowadays is a popular and cost effective way to ensure a great source of clean and cheap food for you and your can also make great pets for your kids..
Do you wish to raise chickens from the comfort of your own home? There is nothing more satisfying than sitting down to a scrambled egg, courtesy of your own flock and in this article I am going to give you 5 tips on raising your own chickens.
At first, it may seem like a lot of work preparing to raise chickens, but they actually require little daily care and you will soon experience the benefits of raising your own chickens once you start.
Listed below are 5 items that are essential to successfully raise your own chickens.
1. Housing: This does not need to be some extravagantly designed coop, the chickens simply need somewhere to roost in the evenings, and have somewhere where they are protected from predators. Plans for simple chicken coops can be found in many books or on-line, to suit the tastes of everyone.
2. Food: Chicken feeders are easily available for purchase, and again, are not expensive and come in a variety of styles.
3. Water: Having a watering station raised above the ground is more practical than simply having a water bowl or dish as the latter can be quite messy and will require more attention.
4. Storage for Feed: A metal bin is ideal for the storage of the chicken feed, as animals such as rats which also enjoy the feed will be prevented from accessing it.
5. Nesting Boxes: These are not necessary, but they are an easy way for you to collect the eggs laid. You can make your own or purchase one from your local farm supply store.
By researching your options and having a clear idea in your head how you would like to run things, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to successfully raise healthy and happy chickens."
Belum ada Komentar untuk "How To Raise Chickens-5 Fundamentals"