Who Invented And Founder of LinkedIn?. History Of LinkedIn - Biography of Reid Garret Hoffman
Who Invented And Founder of LinkedIn?. History Of LinkedIn - Biography of Reid Garret Hoffman. Reid Garret Hoffman or commonly known by the name of Reid Hoffman is an American businessman, venture capitalist and writer. Hoffman is best known as a LinkedIn co-founder, a social network used primarily for business relationships and job search.
Reid Hoffman was born on August 5, 1967 in Stanford, California, USA. He is the son of Deanna Ruth Rutter and William Parker Hoffman, Jr. He grew up in Berkeley, California. He studied at The Purtey School and graduated from Stanford University in 1990. After that he continued his studies at Oxford University in 1993.
In 1994 Hoffman joined Apple Computer. He also worked at Fujitsu and eventually built his own company called SocialNet.com. But in 2000 he left SocialNet.com and joined PayPal as COO at the company.
LinkedIn birth history
In December 2002, Reid Hoffman co-founded LinkedIn. At that time he worked with his colleagues while working at SocialNet, college and colleague colleagues while he was in Fujitsu. On May 5, 2003 LinkedIn finally officially launched. At that time Peter Thiel and Keith Rabois who are Reid Hoffman's colleagues while on PayPal also invested in LinkedIn. The development of LinkedIn has since been so fast. Even in November 2012 Linked in has more than 187 million users spread over 200 countries. Last LinkedIn dare to pay expensive Pulse to establish cooperation between keduannya.
In general, social networking site is indeed not much different from other social networking sites. Here users can create their own profile and build relationships with other professionals. It's just the use of social networking site is indeed only focus on the professionals only. Therefore this site is more serious and really looks professional. Here the information is also more specific and valid.
- In May 2012, Hoffman was ranked third on Forbes Midas List of top tech investors. Forbes described Hoffman as a "Silicon Valley uber-investor" and Hoffman said "has had a hand in creating virtually every lucrative social media startup."
- In 2012, Newsweek, and The Daily Beast released the "Digital Power Index," a list of the 100 most significant people in the digital world (plus 10 additional "Lifetime Achievement" winners), and Hoffman ranked No. 3 in the "Angle" category.
- Reid Hoffman and Jeff Weiner from LinkedIn shared the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur US of the Year Award in 2011.
- In 2010, Reid Hoffman occupied No. 17 on the Fast Company list of the 100 Most Creative People in Business.
- Hoffman, along with the Salman Khan Khan Academy, was honored by the World Affairs Council and the global Philanthropy Forum in 2012. The Council recognizes and respects the remarkable leaders who have done and will continue to influence social change through private companies and social actions. A 2012 award dedicated to celebrating Technology for Social Impact.
- Hoffman was awarded the 2012 David Packard Medal of Achievement Award by TechAmerica for contributions and advancements in high-tech, community, and human industries.
- Hoffman received the Honorary Doctor of Laws from Babson in 2012.
LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking website, primarily used for networking professionals. As of September 2007 the site has over 14 million registered users, covering 150 industries and over 400 economic areas classified by service.
LinkedIn's current CEO is Dan Nye and his office is located in Mountain View, California. The company is funded by Greylock, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and the European Founders Fund. LinkedIn started to gain profit (positive cash flow) since March 2006.